The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- AliExpress vows to invest W10b to root out fake goods in Korea
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- LG H&H sales up 294% in half year on Japan's Qoo10
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by