South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- Moon officials tried to cover up North Korea’s murder of South Korean: state inspectors
- [Herald Interview] Song Joong
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- 윤 대통령, 엑스포 불발 1주만에 부산행 “지역현안 완벽 추진”
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1